This marathon will take place in the center of Phnom Penh, starting in front of the Royal Palace and running along four rivers. The participants will be from many nations, showing the diversity of Phnom Penh’s population. The 21km is for those who are ready for a serious challenge. The 10.5km is for those who are energetic and want to test themselves, young people and veterans are welcome. The 3km is a ‘fun run’ for young parents to run with their children and anyone who just wants to have fun. PPIHM on June 15, 2014 is to be held in conjunction with the World Environment Day, Olympic Day, and to celebrate Queen Norodom Monineath Sihanouk’s Birthday.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Phnom Penh Half marathon, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING
FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Phnom Penh Half?marathon their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event , WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND?ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM?THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5) I understand that cancellation of my entry or correction of entry information due to personal reasons cannot be
made. I also understand that fees are non-refundable even if they are excessive or redundant.
6)I understand that the images, photographs, articles, records of the sports event (including entrants’ personal information such as names, ages, sex, records, and figures) will be reported, posted, or used on newspapers, TV, magazines, Internet, brochures, etc. and that the organizers hold the right of posting and using such information.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY
UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT,
AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.